You registered to be a part of Dance Marathon …now what? Time to fundraise! At Dance Marathon, we are committed to helping you raise money and awareness for Embrace Kids Foundation through multiple opportunities.
Your online fundraising page is a simple way to track and ask for donations. Once you register to Dance or Volunteer, a page is automatically created. On this page you can add pictures and a custom note so family and friends can see exactly why you are raising money.
How to Fundraise Online
- Send an email to family and friends asking for donations.
- Post your page on Facebook and Twitter.
- Bring up your page at parties and holidays to make it easy for family and friends to donate.
Tell me more about Canning!
DM Canning is an in-person fundraising activity. RUDM secures permission from off-campus locations, such as grocery stores, coffee shops, and convenience stores, to allow our volunteers to stand outside and request cash and spare change donations.
Your online fundraising page is a simple way to track and ask for donations. Once you register to be a Champion or Weekend Event Staff, a Team Raiser page is automatically created. On this page you can add pictures and a custom note so family and friends can see exactly why you are raising money.
- After registering for RUDM, edit your personal page! Here, you have the opportunity to tell your donors your “DM Why”. For example:
– What are your favorite Embrace Kids programs?
– What’s your favorite memory from DM Weekend?
– How is your RU4Kid doing?
- Once you’ve set up your contacts and personal page, it’s time to let all of your friends and family know about your commitment to dance! Take the time to write up a personalized email to share your passion for this cause and spread awareness.
- Link your fundraiser to Facebook! This is a great way to get the message out to your friends and family!
– Don’t forget to keep sharing to your news feed, especially around the holidays and while you’re dancing!
For friends on Instagram and Snapchat, it’s easy to collect donations through Venmo. Just donate to your own Teamraiser page with your own card once you’re done!
- Post our punchcards on your story! This allows you to give shoutouts to your friends that donate.
- Consider also making an Instagram poll to collect donations: give two price points for donations (like $2 and $4) and send Venmo requests to everyone who votes for each choice.
- Follow our Instagram @RUDanceMarathon to stay on the lookout for more punchcards!
- Have a Bake Sale
- Regularly post your online fundraising page on social media
- Keep a change jar
- Pet sitter
- House sitter
- Buy a dozen donuts and sell for $1.00 each
- Ask for donations in lieu of your birthday or holiday gifts
- Take your gently used clothes to Plato’s closet (http://www.platoscloset.com/)
- Sell some stuff on eBay or Craigslist
- Ask your professors if you can pass a can around before the start of class
- Sell back your old textbooks
- Have a garage sale
- Ask to place a donation can in your local dry cleaner or deli
- Mow lawns / do yardwork
- Save $1.00 per day, until the donation deadline
- Offer to do your friend’s laundry in exchange for a DM donation
- Be the delivery man/woman for the night. Offer to deliver coffee/takout/snacks to your friends in return for a DM donation
- Give rides to class in return for a DM donation
- Ask for a “dare” donation. Allow your friends to dare you to do something (within reason) if they make a significant DM donation!
How to Use a Donation Can
- Pick up your can at the Dance Marathon office Monday-Friday, or create your own!
- Obtain permission to place your can at local family-owned businesses, fast food chains, local diners, or convenience stores.
- Follow up to monitor the progress of your can.
- Deposit your collections by contacting email@example.com.