To qualify for a Director position, you must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Must be a full-time, Rutgers University student.
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with Rutgers University
- A full year of Dance Marathon involvement (Director, Assistant Director or Captain) is preferred. Comparable leadership/planning experiences may also be considered.
- Successful completion of previous Dance Marathon leadership responsibilities.
Please note: Not all applicants are guaranteed an interview. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by Wednesday, April 26
- Interviews will be held April 30 and May 1-3.
- Interviews will last 45 minutes.
- Please wear professional attire.
- If invited to interview, candidates will be provided with interview preparation instructions.
Important Director Information
If selected, you must be able to commit to the following (there are no exceptions):
- Board of Directors planning retreat – May 16 – 19, 2017
- Summer Board Meetings – twice a month
- Summer Team Meetings – Directors & Assistant Directors
- DM Training Week – August 28 – September 1 (overnight retreat & daily training sessions)
- Weekly BOD/CPT meetings on Tuesdays (Fall Semester: 7:30 PM / Spring Semester 7:00 PM)
- Participate in a minimum of 2 group fundraising events (in lieu of concessions)
- Commit to raise $700.00 no later than January 15, 2018.
- Stay in New Brunswick during Spring Break (March 12 – 16, 2018)
- Attend Dance Marathon weekend – April 5, 6, & 7, 2018
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors serves as the leadership team for Dance Marathon 2018.
As a group, the Directors will set both broad and specific goals. It is their responsibility to provide the vision for next year’s Marathon. Individually, each Director will be responsible for one of the six core areas of Marathon planning. All Directors will be expected to exhibit the following attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dance Marathon’s history and purpose
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to hold peers/friends accountable
- Ability to handle diverse responsibilities
- Willingness to create and implement new ideas
- Willingness to commit the necessary time and energy needed by Dance Marathon
- A strong passion for the Dance Marathon
Dancer Relations: The Director of this team is charged with coordinating all aspects of the Morale program. The members of this team will lead recruitment presentations, act as the liaisons to Team Reps, create the line dance, and coordinate color teams and activities.
Event Logistics: The Director of this team will coordinate all logistical planning for Marathon weekend activities including entertainment, food services, and general operations. Areas of responsibility include securing performers, kitchen area management, security, and logistics. Students applying for this position should have some background in logistics, engineering, or supply-chain management.
Family Relations: The Director of this team is charged with coordinating the yearlong RU4Kids Program and act as the liaison between Embrace Kids Foundation. The members of this team will educate staff about the cause and participate in Embrace Kids Foundation related events.
Finance: The Director of this team will manage all financial aspects of the Dance Marathon. The Finance team will track all student fundraising efforts and coordinate special fundraising events. Additional areas of responsibility include sourcing sponsors and managing donors. Students applying for this position should have some background in accounting/finance.
Human Resources: The Director of this team will plan and execute all hiring and training events and coordinate all staff logistics, including hosting information sessions, scheduling interviews, and hiring staff and volunteers. In addition, the members of this team will coordinate all staff celebrations. Students applying for this position should have some background in human resources.
Marketing: The Director of this team is charged with creating an effective communication strategy, using a variety of communication methods. The members of this team will coordinate all press, manage the DM website, create social media calendar, distribute regular newsletters, organize involvement fairs and NSO presentations, and plan all DM special events. Students applying for this position should have some background in marketing, graphic design, photography or videography.
Applications available Sunday, April 2 and due no later than Monday, April 24.