To qualify for a Director position, you must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Must be a full-time, Rutgers University student.
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with Rutgers University
- A full year of Dance Marathon involvement (Director, Assistant Director or Captain) is preferred. Comparable leadership/planning experiences may also be considered.
- Successful completion of previous Dance Marathon leadership responsibilities.
Please note: Not all applicants are guaranteed an interview. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by Wednesday, April 28.
- Interviews will be held May 2 – 5, 2021.
- Interviews will be held via Zoom and will last 45 minutes.
- Please wear professional attire.
- If invited to interview, candidates will be provided with interview preparation instructions.
Important Director Information
If selected, you must be able to commit to the following (there are no exceptions):
- Board of Directors planning retreat: May 17 – 19, 2021
- Summer Board Meetings – twice a month
- Summer Team Meetings – Directors & Assistant Directors
- DM Training Week – August 23 – 27, 2021 (Training & Welcome Week activities)
- Weekly BOD meetings – Tuesdays at 7:00 PM
- Weekly CPT meetings – Tuesday at 9:30 PM
- Participate in a minimum of 3 group fundraising events
- Commit to raise $700.00 no later than January 16, 2022.
- Stay in New Brunswick for part of Spring Break (March 14-18, 2022)
- Attend Dance Marathon weekend: April 1-2, 2022
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors serves as the leadership team for Dance Marathon 2022.
As a group, the Directors will set both broad and specific goals. It is their responsibility to provide the vision for next year’s Marathon. Individually, each Director will be responsible for one of the six core areas of Marathon planning. All Directors will be expected to exhibit the following attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dance Marathon’s history and purpose
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to hold peers/friends accountable
- Ability to handle diverse responsibilities
- Willingness to create and implement new ideas
- Willingness to commit the necessary time and energy needed by Dance Marathon
- A strong passion for the Dance Marathon
Dancer Relations: The Director of this team is charged with coordinating all aspects of recruitment, color teams, and entertainment. The members of this team will lead recruitment presentations, act as the liaisons to Team Representatives, create the line dance, coordinate color teams and activities, and plan all floor and stage entertainment.
Event Logistics: The Director of this team will coordinate all logistical planning for Marathon weekend activities including entertainment, food services, and general operations. Areas of responsibility include securing performers, kitchen area management, security, and logistics. Students applying for this position should have some background in logistics, engineering, or supply-chain management.
Family Relations: The Director of this team is charged with coordinating the yearlong RU4Kids Program and act as the liaison between RUDM/Embrace Kids Foundation and RUDM/RUDM Alumni. The members of this team will educate staff about the cause and participate in Embrace Kids Foundation related events.
Finance: The Director of this team will manage all financial aspects of the Dance Marathon. The Finance team will track all student fundraising efforts and coordinate special fundraising events. Additional areas of responsibility include sourcing sponsors and managing donors. Students applying for this position should have some background in accounting/finance.
Human Resources: The Director of this team will plan and execute all hiring and training events and coordinate all staff logistics, including hosting information sessions, scheduling interviews, and hiring staff and volunteers. In addition, the members of this team will coordinate all staff celebrations. Students applying for this position should have some background in human resources.
Marketing: The Director of this team is charged with creating an effective communication strategy, using a variety of communication methods. The members of this team will coordinate all press, manage the DM website, create social media calendar, organize involvement fairs and NSO presentations, and plan all DM special events. Students applying for this position should have some background in marketing, graphic design, photography or videography.
Applications available Saturday, April 10 and due no later than Monday, April 26 at 5:00 PM