To qualify for a Central Planning Team position, you must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Must be a full-time, Rutgers University student.
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with Rutgers University
- Successful completion of previous Dance Marathon leadership responsibilities.
- Dance Marathon involvement (Asst. Director/Captain/Volunteer/Dancer) is preferred.
Please note: Not all applicants are guaranteed an interview. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by Wednesday, April 26
- Interviews will be held April 29-30 and May 1-2
- Interviews will last 45 minutes.
- Please wear professional attire.
- If invited to interview, candidates will be provided with interview preparation instructions.
Important Central Planning Team Information
If selected, you must be able to commit to the following (there are no exceptions):
- Attend overnight planning retreat May 23 & 24, 2018
- Summer Team Meetings – once a month
- DM Training Week – August 27 – August 31, 2018 (overnight retreat & daily training sessions)
- Weekly BOD/CPT meetings (every Tuesday, 9:30 PM beginning in September)
- Participate in a minimum of 2 group fundraising events
- Commit to raise $700.00 no later than January 21, 2019
- Attend Dance Marathon weekend – April 4, 5, & 6, 2019
Assistant Director Positions
Dancer Relations (4): This team is charged with coordinating all aspects of recruitment. The members of this team will lead recruitment presentations, act as the liaisons to Team Reps, create the line dance, and coordinate color teams and activities.
Event Logistics (4): This team will coordinate all logistical planning for Marathon weekend activities including entertainment, food services, and general operations. Areas of responsibility include securing performers, kitchen area management, security, and logistics. Students applying for this position should have some background in logistics, engineering, or supply-chain management.
Family Relations (2): This team is charged with coordinating the yearlong RU4Kids Program and act as the liaison between Embrace Kids Foundation. The members of this team will educate staff about the cause, assist with Dance FTKs, and participate in Embrace Kids Foundation related events.
Finance (4): This team will manage all financial aspects of the Dance Marathon. The Finance team will track all student fundraising efforts and coordinate special fundraising events. Additional areas of responsibility include sourcing sponsors and managing donors. Students applying for this position should have some background in accounting/finance.
Human Resources (3): This team will plan and execute all hiring and training events and coordinate all staff logistics, including hosting information sessions, scheduling interviews, and hiring staff and volunteers. In addition, the members of this team will coordinate all staff celebrations. Students applying for this position should have some background in human resources.
Marketing (2): This team is charged with creating an effective communication strategy, using a variety of communication methods. The members of this team will coordinate all press, manage the DM website, create social media calendar, distribute regular newsletters, organize involvement fairs and NSO presentations, and plan all DM special events. Students applying for this position should have some background in marketing, graphic design, photography or videography.
Applications available Sunday, April 8 and due no later than Monday, April 23